Thursday 11 August 2022

Andromeda Acolytes Kickstarter a week in: Approaching $5000

I've raised more a third of the game's pledge target in a third of the time. $4800+ towards a pure text adventure in 2022 is a very good look, and I've had strangers compliment me on the ground campaign.

Bendy-downy graph trends say that the pledge completion percentage should be ahead of the time passed percentage at this point if you're to ultimately succeed. So while success isn't an impossibility, it's the less likely outcome. I won't talk about this kind of stuff at length now. I'll just say that I have learned a tremendous amount about promotion and Kickstarters over the lead-up and the doing, and I plan to share my experiences, and my 30000 word+ to-do list covering the last year and longer, when this is all over.

My exhortation to you all: Be or Stay excited and help me get a text adventure over the line!

In my most recent backer updates, I shared two very different pieces of original music I had up my sleeve for the title page, the first classical organ, the second all electronic, and some in-game prose about the character who composed the first piece.

I've also created a Spread The Word page (Aaron Reed's Kickstarter was the template) with practical advice, plus all the beautiful banners and screenshots you might want to see/share/use.

I've been blasting the main artwork around the place so often, for this post I thought I'd use the teaser artwork:

Andromeda Acolytes Teaser cover


No comments:

Post a Comment